Microsoft is trying hard to turn around their Xbox One ship which faced a disastrous launch and it looks like they may be back on track very soon.
Xbox One has outsold the PS4 in November and December in the US for 2014. This is a monumental achievement and no doubt helped by the price cut which made the system available for $349.
Another interesting thing is that the software sales were pretty high too and the Xbox One was the choice console for many multiplatform games.
Phil Spencer was also pleased with the sales and you can find out his video below.
Here are some stats from December 2014 NPD.
• Xbox 360 became the best-selling seventh generation console of all time in the U.S.
• In 2014, users logged nearly 8 billion hours globally in apps across Xbox 360 and Xbox One, a
50 percent increase from time spent in 2013.
• Xbox One became the best-selling console in the U.S. in November and December and weekly average sales during these months outpaced Xbox 360 by 50 percent at the same point in its lifecycle.*
• Xbox One also sold more games throughout November and December in the U.S. than any other current-generation platform.*
• From November 24 to January 3, fans spent more time playing on Xbox than they ever have before, at any point in the history of Xbox.
• In the Halo 5: Guardians Multiplayer Beta alone, 18 million games have been played to date.
Tell us what you think in the comments section below.