Sony has been doing everything right this year and their PS4 announcement has gone just as they expected. There’s a lot of goodwill and word of mouth for the PS4 due to the positive policies and an affordable price, however, there’s still one hurdle for the company to pass; maybe quite a few hurdles.
That’s why Gamescom this year will be vital for Sony considering the competition has intensified due to Microsoft’s backtracking and lot of policy changes on their end. So what could they do that will make people preorder a PS4 and make the console their first choice for next-gen?
Launch line-up of any new console will be a vital factor in attracting people to it. While Sony has announced a bunch of launch titles like DriveClub, Killzone Shadow Fall and Knack, let’s be honest, it could be a bit better. Infamous: Second Son’s delay makes the situation a bit worse since it’s the best looking PS4 and next-gen game shown so far.
While it’s certain that there will be a few new PS4 games and maybe new IPs shown because they themselves said that it will be a PS4 focussed show, people should be expecting these announcements below.
1. Helldivers: Sony recently registered a domain called helldiversthegame, and if we go by The Order:1886 an announcement could be imminent at Gamescom. The game is speculated to be an air combat game but could be something else too.
2. DriveClub updated build: Evolution Studios will be showing a new build of DriveClub and whether it will run at 60fps is something that is not clear at this point.
3. Blacklight: Retribution PS4: Zombie studios have confirmed that Blacklight: Retribution PS4 version will be shown at Gamescom.
4. Indie focus: If you watched the Sony E3 press conference and subsequent announcements on Indie support for PlayStation platforms, one thing is for clear, Sony will be showcasing indie games a lot more at major trade events since they find it important for their business model. Gamescom this year will also feature first Indie Game Booth Showcasing 10 Games.
The PS4 release date will be most likely be announced at Gamescom. Rumours floating around suggests that a November release is likely, and the same goes for Microsoft’s Xbox One.
Sony’s website recently had this text: “We’ll kick off the show at 18:00 BST on 20 August 2013 with a briefing to media on our release plans for PlayStation 4, as well as updates on PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita.”
This makes it pretty clear, doesn’t it? This is something that is going to 100% happen at the conference.
1. PS3/Vita price cut
2. New PS3/Vita games
3. PS3/Vita bundle announcement
4. Oculus Rift support
5. New Naughty Dog game
6. The Last Guardian PS4 announcement (TGS seems likely)
7. Additional PS4 system features showcased
8. A few third-party game announcements
9. More information on PS Plus
10. Gaikai information blowout
Which of these predictions do you see happening at Gamescom? Let us know below.