The Last of Us will have multiplayer, Naughty Dog has confirmed. We also have a bunch of stunning new screenshots for you so check them out below.
The game is set to release on May 7th as revealed during the VGAs this year, and we also have the high quality version of the trailer which simply looks marvelous. The attention to detail is second to none, and is one of the hallmarks of Naughty Dog.
The trailer is surprisingly spoiler-free according to Naughty Dog, but they usually tend to spoil most things in their story trailer. However, since the trailer looks absolutely amazing, check it out. It’s truly a work of art.
“We’ve tried to keep the trailer as spoiler-free as possible, while giving you some hints at the tense, emotional narrative the development team has crafted for The Last of Us,” they wrote on PS Blog.
While they have confirmed the multiplayer, they are not ready to reveal more details about it yet. There’s still some months to go before the game comes out next year, and they haven’t mentioned whether they will be releasing a beta to test the online netcode or not.
We also have the pre-order bonuses for the game which you can check out below. Participating retailers will offer the Sights and Sounds Pack, which includes:
- The official soundtrack of the game
- A PS3 dynamic theme featuring the cover art
- Two avatars for your PSN profile – Winter Joel and Winter Ellie
Pre-ordering at GameStop also nets you the Survival Pack, along with the Sights and Sounds Pack, which includes:
- Bonus experience points for multiplayer
- A multiplayer melee attack booster
- Some extra starting in-game cash
- Special customizable character items for multiplayer
- Two special bonus skins for Joel and Ellie which will be unlocked after your complete the single player campaign
The game comes out on May 7th 2013, so till then, check out the box art and the trailer which was shown at the VGAs.