Maxis has released the patch notes for SimCity update 3.0 and the focus of this patch is to fix the transport.
They have improved it a bit to reduce congestion and if you remember this was criticised early on when the game came out since the AI simply wasn’t good enough.
There are plenty of issues with traffic in the game and this patch also makes vehicles actually behave like the ones in real life. Some vehicles won’t get stuck in absurd places. Of course, we haven’t checked them, that’s what the patch promises.
It seems these issues should have been fixed before releasing the game but at least they are putting some effort into fixing it now.
You can check out the patch notes below.
- Traffic: Updated routing system to improve traffic. Routing system now understands more information about u-turns, required vehicle stops, and vehicle behavior on certain road types. This should make traffic smarter.
- Traffic: Commercial and industrial buildings stagger their work shifts to start throughout commute hours instead of at the top of the hour. This should reduce traffic.
- Traffic: Fixes one issue where a car won’t move causing traffic to back up behind it.
- Traffic: Vehicles can now make right turns on Red. This should improve some cases of traffic.
- Traffic: Trading polish that will improve regional traffic when one city has a lot of jobs and its neighboring city has a lot of workers.
- Service Vehicles: Fix for disappearing service vehicles on cities that whose vehicles had disappeared before update 2.
- School Buses: Fix for issue where school buses were getting stuck at neighbor’s city or arcology.
- Transit: Changed thought bubble suggestion to add more trains to deal with crowded passenger trains to suggest that you add more train stations.
- Transit: Improvements to lights to make rail look better at night.
- Transit: Streetcar stops can now be placed directly on standalone streetcar tracks, and passengers can walk along the tracks to them.
- Transit: Tuned the chance buses or streetcars will go to high-traffic stops first as a minor traffic improvement.
- Ferry Terminal: Ferry Terminal can now send its sewage to the output pipe and treatment plant.
- Roads: University pedestrian paths can now cross streets.
- Manufacturing Trucks: Fixed issue some users experienced where manufacturing trucks left the city and were lost permanently.
- Delivery Trucks: Fixed issue where some users would experience a loss of resources is their delivery trucks returned to garages without proper storage.