Update: Sony’s E3 conference just concluded today. They have officially announced the pricing for the online multiplayer. It’s $5 per month and $60 per year.
You can check out our E3 2013 coverage on PS4 here.
Original: We have some new rumour on PlayStation World, which is said to be the new service Sony will be using for PS4′s online.
The name was chosen to unite all the products in the company and give off an impression that they all have a common goal. The rumour is that the PlayStation 4 will have a free online network, much like the PS3, but there will also be a paid service which encompasses sharing and PS Plus.
The service will cost $89, and here are the features. This is a rumour for now until Sony officially announces the service at the PS Meeting 2013 where they are expected to reveal the PS4.
- Online free as the current Playstation Network
- Voice chat between all PlayStation certified devices, ie consoles and smartphones
Payment: (annual cost of about $ 89.)
- Playstation Plus (included with these services previously have) enhanced new proposals, users PS4
- Access to Gaikai for cloud-gaming with the option to play for free to list some of the titles in a month, while others pay
- Share photos and / or videos directly to YouTube
- More space for saved games in the cloud