Time Warner’s financial statements for Q3 have confirmed a new Batman game for 2013.
Batman: Arkham City was released in 2011, and if you consider a two year development time for AAA games, it looks like its sequel will be released in 2013.
Time Warner’s CFO and chief administrative officer John K. Martin confirmed the existence of a new game during their investor call.
And we also have a strong games release this year, which will include the next release in the Batman Arkham franchise. So all in all, we expect Warners to post another very strong year in 2013. And with a little luck, the year should be as good or maybe even a little bit better than 2012.
You can check out the complete transcript of the investor call here.
Both the Batman games released by Rocksteady were critically and commercially acclaimed, with over 90 on Metacritic. It’s not clear whether the studio is making this game as well, but we will keep you updated once Warner Bros. releases a statement.
Earlier Warner had registered these domain names, so take your pick as to what the next game could be called.
- arkhamuniverse.com (Arkham Universe)
- batmanarkahmuniverse.com (Batman Arkham Universe)
- batmanarkhamarises.com (Batman Arkham Arises)
- batmanarkhambegins.com (Batman Arkham Begins)
- batmanarkhamdarkknight.com (Batman Arkham Dark Knight)
- batmanarkhamknight.com (Batman Arkham Knight)
- batmanarkhamlegend.com (Batman Arkham Legend)
- batmanarkhamlegends.com (Batman Arkham Legends)
- batmanarkhamnight.com (Batman Arkham Night)
- batmanarkhamorigins.com (Batman Arkham Origins)
- batmanarkhamstories.com (Batman Arkham Stories)
- darkknightarkham.com (Dark Knight Arkham)
- dcarkhamuniverse.com (DC Arkham Universe)
- dcarkhamverse.com (DC Arkhamverse)
- thearkhamuniverse.com (The Arkham Universe)
Are you excited? Let us know below.