A NeoGAF insider who types in a weird way to be anonymous has leaked Microsoft’s E3 details. He has a solid track record and some of the things he has mentioned is truly bewildering.
According to him, the company is buying non-PS4 mentions which means that many third-party games will only have Xbox One mentions but a PS4 port is definitely in development.
He has released a lot of details and he says that Mirror’s Edge 2 and Prince of Persia will be shown at the conference. He doesn’t have much idea about PS4’s DRM or whether the online will be free, but there are a lot of Xbox One leaks.
- Microsoft is actively buying PlayStation 4 non-mentions. If you don’t explicitly hear a third-party say “our game is exclusive to Xbox One,” confidently assume a PlayStation 4 version is available behind the scenes.
- More DRM details will be revealed at Gamecom.
- The power of the cloud is fake and done to camouflage their DRM. The third-parties were approached by Microsoft and EA and Ubisoft are Microsoft’s biggest backers, however, Activision doesn’t care a lot.
- The DRM policy is said to be even worse than people are expecting.
- Mirror’s Edge 2 will be shown at Microsoft’s E3 press conference.
- Prince of Persia will be shown at Microsoft’s E3 press conference.
- World of Tanks from WarGaming.net rumoured to be the Phil Spencer game.
- Online Play will be charged on Xbox One’s Live service.
- Dead Rising 3 and exclusive DLC for other Capcom game.
- No online pay-wall for PlayStation 4 has been confirmed.
- Sony’s has tightly locked any mention of their DRM policies for the PS4.