PS4 beta firmware has been released for PlayStation MVPs and they get to test out the firmware first. This is a new system Sony is employing now.
We have the entire feature list of the firmware and it really does sound promising as it contains button remapping function as well.
The features are listed below:
1) The system can now enter rest mode without closing any applications.
2) You can adjust zoom and remap the buttons in the accessibility section in settings.
3) You can now delete trophies with 0% achievement progress.
4) Enhanced sorting ability for trophies.
5) You can now search the internet for details about trophies from the options menu.
6) Screenshots of scenes where you earn trophies are saved automatically. You can view them in the capture gallery.
7) You can now share trophy details and screenshots.
You can now test the host’s connection speed when starting Share Play.
You can now enjoy Share Play at 60 fps. A host in a party can adjust the setting in [Party Settings] > [Video Quality for Share Play] > [Frame Rate].
A user who is running version 2.50 or earlier on their system cannot use Share Play with someone who is running version 2.50 beta on their system. Users who are both running system software version 2.50 beta can enjoy Share Play.
Users who are your Facebook friends can now be displayed in [Players You May Know].
You can now send real name requests in addition to Friend requests to users who are currently not on your Friends list.
You can now apply a shadow style for text in [Themes].
You can now enter up to 140 characters for your self-introduction.
If you enter 22 characters or more for your self-introduction, only 21 characters will be displayed on a PS4 system running system software version earlier than 2.50.
You can now use the touch pad to operate playback of videos on discs.
[Discover] has been added to introduce users to PS4 system features. You can view information about features in [Notifications] > [Discover].
Remote Play cannot be used with a PS Vita system running version 3.35. A system software update for the PS Vita (to be released later) is required.
We will update the post if any features are changed and notify you when the firmware goes live for everyone.
Tell us what you think in the comments section below.