Cricket 14 by Big Ant Studios has become Don Bradman Cricket 14. We don’t have the reasons for this but it probably means that they did this to avoid potential troubles from EA.
Here are some of the features you can expect from the game:
- Career Mode, allowing you to take control of an aspiring young cricketer and take him through the ranks to International glory.
- Unique Batting and Bowling Controls, giving full 360 Shot control and Line and Length delivery without pitch markers.
- A fully featured fielding system that allows you to run down the ball and slide to prevent a Four, catch a high ball on the boundary rope, or knock down the stumps to take a vital run out. You are always involved in the play at every stage of the game!
- Ball Physics giving realistic Edges, bat pad catches and movement off the pitch.
- A complete player physics system with individual attributes including weight and height – imagine running in a 2 metre bowler to delivery that perfect bouncer!
- Appeal and Electronic Review system allowing for the first time challenges of the umpires decision.
- Practice Nets, Hone your skills to perfection before taking to the field.
- Dynamic time of day, Weather System and Pitch Degradation that are based on real world data with effects occurring in real-time throughout a days’ play.
- The Cricket Academy, allowing for unparalleled customisation of your Cricket experience, creating Teams, players, Tours, Competitions, Match Types and even Umpires.
- More than 4000 Community created Players and teams ready to download and use in game.
- An online Save system that lets you continue your match whenever you want with online opponents.
Not bad, right? The game will be released later this year on the PS3, Xbox 360 and PC. A next-gen version is also in development but no details of that are released so far.
Tell us what you think in the comments section below.