There will be a brief maintenance period in Destiny today i.e October 7, and Bungie has revealed that they will be releasing a new hotfix that fixes many connection issues players have been experiencing.
They have not changed anything on the player experience side, so don’t expect any nerf to the weapons. Bungie operates by the philosophy that if everything is overpowered, nothing is!
- Added more data logging for matchmaking systems
- Improved connectivity failure handling to reduce beaver (Kick To Orbit events) KTOs
- Improved logging of player disconnections
- Internal tools fixes to speed up our release process
- Fixes to the roster system to allow us to tune the frequency of roster updates on Xbox One
- Fixed a bug that allowed users to quick scope on some weapons
- Security fixes
- Server performance improvements
- Fixes to reduce the frequency of some KTOs
- Better logging to help diagnose connectivity problems
- Fixes to some Centipede errors that were exclusive to specific player characters
Tell us what you think in the comments section below.